You don’t have to standby and watch your business and family be hurt by the next recession.
Learn the 5 essential business adjustments every GC must make now — before the next downturn hits. This workshop will bring clarity and implementable tools to protect your business from the oncoming recession. You can’t wait until it hits the fan — once the run-up to a recession starts it is too late! Not general advice but concrete steps and how to do them. Not magic but real business techniques proven far and wide by professionally managed businesses. The business knowledge and adjustments needed are mostly the same moves you should make to generate exceptional profits while reducing workload and stress.
What will I learn in this class?
- To spot the top six profit leaks that affect most residential builders
- The three critical, common, mistakes most GCs make in their job pricing strategy
- The three things you are doing now that may seal your fate in a bad economy
- The four types of recession and how each affects the GC business
- How to increase your earnings without taking on more work or raising prices
- Simple methods that will allow you to charge more and get higher quality jobs
- Powerful, field-tested, tools and techniques that let you easily differentiate your business from the competition
- How to get out of the multiple bid wars
- Five factors that often result in taking bad jobs you’ll later regret and how to avoid them
- A proven path to take on fewer projects while making the same or more profit
- The difference between reactive and targeted leads, and how to reach the right prospects at the right time for maximum sales success
- Proven strategies to insulate your business from the coming economic downturn
- Strategies to protect you from cost escalation
I’m too busy/not busy enough…will this workshop really help?
Been in the construction biz long? If yes, then you have survived both Boom and Bust times. Did you enjoy either? Certainly, periods with an abundance of work are preferable to periods of work shortage.
However, even the go-go times of a Boom period often exact a high price on the contractor’s quality of life with long hours, stress and chaos, with less banked results than the available potential gains.
In this workshop, we won’t repeat recycled advice such as be sure to save money during the good times, but instead to dig down to a deeper, more granular level.
We will explore how the cycles really work so that you can chart a better course through them. You can minimize the negative impact of these cycles, maintaining a healthy balance in income and workload throughout each part of the Boom and Bust cycles.
What else will this workshop do for my business?
We guarantee this workshop will increase your annual bottom line by at least 3-5 points (depending on your business size and model).
Plus, each attendee will leave the workshop with:
- A confidential, professional profit analysis of your business
- A one-on-one visit with one of our on-site experts to help you get a clear picture of what’s working, what’s not and what, exactly, to do about it!
Some things just can’t wait. Start learning now.
A recession is coming — we all know that.
Nobody can say when, but experts and business indicators tell us the next one is close. There is a powerful set of things a GC can do to insulate themselves from the downside of a down market. Once the next recession starts, it’s too late to make those changes. This informative white paper will let you start now to put that protection in place.
Aspire Founder and Chairman
Ken is the son of a painting contractor. After nearly a decade of undergraduate and graduate-level business education, Ken became a Vice President with a Fortune 500 company before the age of thirty. After that company was acquired Ken founded and sold two other successful businesses before beginning his consulting career. Focusing on high level strategic and operational business consulting Ken worked with the senior management teams of clients including Apple Computer, Texas Instruments, Goodyear, British Petroleum, Firestone, SPX and other major corporations.
Ken then changed up everything, “The high-level corporate consulting business was interesting and financially rewarding but something important was missing. The work, no matter how important didn’t really change anybody’s life. It just didn’t seem to matter. My head and maybe my ego led me to this kind of glamorous work, but it was my heart that brought me back to the kind of work that matters.”
Ken repurposed the successful business that he had built to focus entirely on helping small businesses. According to Ken, “The heroes of the business world are the small business owners and managers. They do the real work and produce the most jobs in this country. Sadly, they seldom get the rewards that their honest work deserves. My focus became, and remains, to change that.”
Ken has been a featured speaker at countless industry events to tens of thousands of business owners. He has written for and been featured on the cover of trade publications and holds four industry-related patents.
For over 20 years now Ken’s company, The Aspire Institute has focused on the two business segments in which Ken grew up; the automotive service industry, and construction contractors. Thousands of business owners and their families are more prosperous today through Aspire’s work.
Fred grew up in the Automotive Service Business. He acquired a small, struggling service provider and promptly partnered with Aspire to help turn it around. Fred then turned this small struggling auto service business into one of the most successful businesses in the country in record time. He sold that business and joined Aspire as an instructor and eventually took the role of General Manager of Aspire’s automotive businesses. Fred has taught hundreds of auto service businesses on a one-to-one basis and has presented to thousands of shop owners in groups large and small all over the United States. Fred’s passion is to see the lives of small business owners get easier and build real wealth.